Whether you’re buying or investing, a building inspection will inform you of the things you need to know about the inspected property. Buying a home can be one of the most stressful and probably the biggest financial decision you will make in your life. We at Property Reports understand how important our inspection and report is to you. We provide you with all the information we can so you can then make a well-informed decision about the property you intend to buy.
Our qualified inspectors are experts in their own fields and we don’t outsource any Inspectors from other companies or individuals. We believe we are the most thorough and comprehensive inspection company available today and our pre-purchase reports include a full inspection of:
• The Roof Exterior: The roof coverings such as tiles, corrugated metal and membranes, valleys, flashings, cappings, penetrations and skylights, gutters and downpipes. We look for evidence of the roof leaking or being inadequately plumbed.
• The Roof Interior: The roof framing members and connections are checked for defects, the roof covering (from the inside) is checked for evidence of leaks, condition of sarking and insulation and electrical installations are assessed for potential safety hazards.
• The Building Exterior: The building elevations are checked for cracks and other defects, windows and doors are assessed, balconies / verandahs, deck and other timber structures are checked for wood rot and other defects.
• The Building Interior: The interior of the building is checked for defects including the floors, walls and ceilings, timber trims, windows and doors as well as joinery and cupboards. Wet areas such as kitchens, bathrooms and laundries are assessed for a number of things including water operation, evidence of water hammer, age and condition of hot water service, evidence of leaking shower recess / wet areas, defects to sanitary fixtures and fittings, toilets are flushed, moisture readings are taken.
• The Grounds: Paths and steps, retaining walls, driveways and external surface drainage are inspected for defects or inadequacies up to 30 meters from the main building. Large trees and other potential problems are assessed including the boundary fences. An outbuilding is included, such as a garage, shed, or gazebo.
We strongly recommend that all prospective property buyers arrange a Building and Pest Inspection service prior to making their final decisions regarding purchase.